CD-DVD Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.21, by Dr. Herong Yang
Windows Media Player Settings
This section describes how to configure Windows Media Player to burn or record MP3 music on audio CD.
1. Insert a blank CD into the CD drive.
2. Start Windows Media Player.
3. Click the Burn tab. You may an error message: "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it." This is most likely caused by the background service "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service" being stopped.
3. To resolve the above issue, click Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Find the service "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service", and start it immediately.
4. Restart Windows Media Player. Click the Burn tab.
You should see two empty lists: Burn List and Track List on Audio CD:
5. Click the "Display properties and settings" icon. The Properties dialog box shows up. Change the write speed to 4X to ensure a good burning quality.
Windows Media Player is ready to burn or record music files as audio tracks to audio CD now.
Table of Contents