Properties and Methods of the "session" Object
This section describes properties and methods supported by the 'session' object provided by the ASP programming interface at run-time.
As mentioned in previous tutorials, ASP programming interface provide a built-in run-time
object called "session", which holds information and methods
common to all ASP pages requested from a single user.
The "session" object supports these properties and methods:
- Contents: A collection object acting as a cache for different ASP pages to
share information. Since "Contents" is the default collection, we write
'session.Contents("myVar")' as 'session("myVar")'.
- Abandon(): A method to destroy the current session.
- SessionID: A read only property to return the id of the current session.
- TimeOut: A property to set timeout period on this session.
- OnStart(): An event handler to be called when the first HTTP request comes
from a new user.
- OnEnd(): An event handler to be called the session is abandoned or timed out.
Table of Contents
About This Book
ASP (Active Server Pages) Introduction
IIS (Internet Information Services) 5.0
MS Script Debugger
ASP Built-in Run-time Objects
What Is Session?
►Properties and Methods of the "session" Object
Passing Values between Pages
HTTP Communication Level Debugging
HTTP Communication Log Example
Creating and Managing Cookies
Managing Sessions with and without Cookies
scrrun.dll - Scripting Runtime DLL
Managing Response Header Lines
Calculation Speed and Response Time
ADO (ActiveX Data Object) DLL
Working with MS Access Database
Guest Book Application Example
Full Version in PDF/EPUB