Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Settings on Browsing History in IE 10
This section provides a tutorial example on how to review and change settings on how Internet Explorer 10 is storing browsing history data on your computer.
If you are worried about privacy and security related the browsing history data recorded by Internet Explorer (IE) 10, you change default setting in IE 10 to reduce it to a minimum.
1. Click menu: Tools > Internet Options... You see the "Internet Options" dialog box showing up.
2. On the "General" tab, Click on "Delete browsing history on exit" to make it checked.
3. Click the "Settings" button. You see the "Website Data Settings" dialog box showing up.
4. On the "Temporary Internet Files" tab, reset the following settings:
Check for newer version of stored pages: Every time I visit the webpage. Disk space to use: 8 MB Current location: ...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
5. On the "History" tab, reset the following settings:
Specify how many days Internet Explorer should save the list of websites you have visited. Days to keep pages in history: 0
6. On the "Caches and databases" tab, reset the following settings:
Allow website caches and databases: unchecked
7. Click "OK" to save changes.
Example of the "Website Data Settings" dialog box is shown below:
Table of Contents