Unicode Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v5.30, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing GNU Unifont
A tutorial example is provided on how to download and install GNU Unifont font family on Windows 7 systems.
GNU Unifont is a Unicode font family produced by Roman Czyborra and can be distributed under the GNU General Public License. The latest version of GNU Unifont covers 63,449 glyphs for large number of written languages.
Here is what I did to download and install it on my Windows 7 systems:
1. Go to http://unifoundry.com/unifont.html.
2. Click the link in this statement: "The Standard Unifont TTF Download: unifont-8.0.01.ttf (12 Mbytes)"
3. Save the downloaded file "unifont-8.0.01.ttf" to a local folder like C:\local\font.
4. On Windows Explorer, double-click on "C:\local\font\unifont-8.0.01.ttf". The Windows font installer window will show up.
5. Click the "Install" button. Windows will install the GNU Unifont font family and make it available as "Unifont" to Windows applications like MS Word.
Table of Contents