UML Sequence Diagram and Notations
This chapter provides tutorial notes and examples on UML sequence diagram and notations. Topics include introduction to UML sequence diagram; graphical notations to describe object lifeline, communication messages, execution specification, sequence frame, etc.
What Is a Sequence Diagram?
Sequence Diagram - Lifeline Notation
Sequence Diagram - Message Notation
Sequence Diagram - Execution Specification Notation
Sequence Diagram - Frame Notation
- A UML Sequence Diagram is a diagram that describes interaction behaviors of multiple objects by showing
communication message interchange sequences between them.
- Lifeline Notation is used to describe a participating object and its lifeline to record sequences of messages involving this object.
- Message Notation is used to describe a communication message sending from one object to another.
- Execution Specification is used to describe the action involved in sending or receiving a communication message.
- Activity Frame Notation is used to describe the boundary of a communication message sequence.
Table of Contents
About This UML Tutorial Book
Introduction of UML (Unified Model Language)
UML Class Diagram and Notations
UML Activity Diagram and Notations
►UML Sequence Diagram and Notations
UML State Machine Diagram and Notations
UML Use Case Diagram and Notations
MS Visio 2010 - UML Drawing Tool
Full Version in PDF/EPUB