Anaconda - Python Environment Manager
This chapter provides introductions and tutorial examples about Conda environments. Topics include installing Conda from the Miniconda package; starting/ending Conda 'base' environment; installing Conda packages.
What Is Anaconda
Install Miniconda 3
Introduction to Conda Environment
Conda Configuration Files
Share Conda Environment with Others
Manage Packages in Conda Environment
Run Conda Environment Command in Background
- Conda is a powerful open source environment and package manager
that allows you to install multiple environments for multiple versions
of software packages and their dependencies and switching easily between them.
- Miniconda is the smallest distribution package for Conda.
- Conda distribution package comes with a "base" Conda environment.
- A Conda environment is an independent shell environment for a specific
version of Python script engine and its library packages.
- "Conda" commands allows you to manage Conda environments and create new ones.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Running Python Code Online
Python on macOS Computers
Python on Linux Computers
Built-in Data Types
Variables, Operations and Expressions
Statements - Execution Units
Function Statement and Function Call
Iterators, Generators and List Comprehensions
Classes and Instances
Modules and Module Files
Packages and Package Directories
"sys" and "os" Modules
"pathlib" - Object-Oriented Filesystem Paths
"pip" - Package Installer for Python
SciPy.org - Python Libraries for Science
pandas - Data Analysis and Manipulation
►Anaconda - Python Environment Manager
Jupyter Notebook and JupyterLab
Full Version in PDF/EPUB