PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing Website Server Certificate on Android Phone
This section provides a tutorial example on how to install Website server certificate on Android phone by receiving certificate an email attachment.
From previous tutorials, we have learned that Web browsers Chrome on Android phone do not provide any functions to export and install Website server certificate to your system directly.
But you can use the following workaround process to do it.
1. Use a Web browser on your laptop or desktop computer to visit the same https Website like https://login.yahoo.com.
2. Click on the lock logo next to the Website address area. And click view certificate. The server certificate is displayed.
3. Export the server certificate to a file like yahoo.cer.
4. Email the certificate file, yahoo.cer, to yourself as an attachment.
5. Go to you Android phone and open this email. The attachment is displayed.
6. Tap on the attachment icon to save the certificate to phone's storage.
7. Go to "Settings > Security > Install from storage" to install the certificate from storage.
Table of Contents