Running Android SDK Manager R24
This section provides a tutorial example on how to run Android SDK Manager R24 to see what additional tools and libraries that are available from the Android developer center.
After installing the Android SDK starter package, you can use the Android
SDK Manager to see what additional tools and libraries that are available from the Android developer center.
Double-click on "C:\local\android-sdk-windows\SDK Manager.exe".
The "Android SDK Manager" windows will show up with a list of libraries and tools
for different versions of Android platforms that are currently available for download:
- Tools/Android SDK Tools - Basic tools installed already as part of the starter package.
- Tools/Android SDK Platform-tools - Common tools for Android platforms.
- Tools/Android SDK Build-tools - Common tools to build applications.
- Android M (API22, MNC preview) (To be released in 2015 Q3) - Libraries and tools for Android M platforms.
- Android 5.1.1 (API22) (Released on Apr. 21, 2015) - Libraries and tools for Android 5.1.1 platforms.
- Android 5.0.1 (API21) (Released on Dec. 2, 2014) - Libraries and tools for Android 5.0.1 platforms.
- Android 4.4W.2 (API20) (Released on Oct. 21, 2014) - Libraries and tools for Android 4.4W.2 platforms.
- Android 4.4.2 (API19) (Released on Dec. 9, 2014) - Libraries and tools for Android 4.4.2 platforms.
- Android 4.3.1 (API17) (Released on Oct. 3, 2013) - Libraries and tools for Android 4.3.1 platforms.
- Android 4.1.2 (API16) (Released on October 9, 2012) - Libraries and tools for Android 4.1.2 platforms.
- Android 4.0.3 (API15) (Released on Dec. 16, 2011) - Libraries and tools for Android 4.03 platforms.
- Android 2.3.3 (API10) (Released on Feb. 9, 2011) - Libraries and tools for Android 2.3.3 platforms.
- Android 2.2 (API8) (Released on May 20, 2010) - Libraries and tools for Android 2.2 platforms.
- Extra - Additional libraries for USB driver and other interfaces.
Read the next tutorial on how to download and install libraries and tools for Android 5.1 platforms.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Installing JDK 1.8 on Windows System
►Installation of Android SDK R24 and Emulator
Downloading and Installing Android SDK R24
►Running Android SDK Manager R24
Installing Android Platform 4.0.3 and Libraries
Verifying Android Platform Installation
Creating Android Virtual Device (AVD)
Viewing Android Virtual Device (AVD) Details
Launching Android Emulator in AVD Manager
Android Emulator Starting Screens
Android Emulator Built-in Apps and Widgets
Android Emulator Built-in Web Browser
Android Emulator for 7 Inch Tablet
Android Emulator for Google Watch
Missing Emulator Engine Program for 'arm' CPUS
x86 Emulation Requires Hardware Acceleration
HAXM - Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager
Installing Apache Ant 1.9 on Windows System
Developing First Android Application - HelloAndroid
Android Application Package (APK) Files
Android Debug Bridge (adb) Tool
Android File Systems
Android 4.0.3 File Systems
AboutAndroid - Application to Retrieve System Information
android.app.Activity Class and Activity Lifecycle
View Objects and Layout Resource Files
Using "adb logcat" Command for Debugging
Build Process and Package File Content
Building Your Own Web Browser
Android Command Line Shell
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Mini Tablet
USB Debugging Applications on Samsung Tablet
Android Tablet - LG-V905R
USB Debugging Applications on LG-V905R Tablet
Android Phone - LG-P925g
USB Debugging Applications on LG-P925g Phone
Full Version in PDF/EPUB