USB Debugging Applications on LG-P925g Phone
This chapter provides tutorial notes on debugging application on LG-P925g phone. Topics include installing LG USB device driver on Windows; Turning on USB debugging interface on LG-P925g phone; running 'adb -d' commands on USB connected device; installing application through USB connection; Android API levels and platform versions.
Installing LG USB Device Driver on Windows
Viewing LG Android USB Device in Control Panel
Turning on USB Debugging on LG-P925g
Viewing USB Debugging Devices in Control Panel
Running "adb" on LG-P925g USB Debugging Interface
Installing Application to Phone using "ant installd" Command
Installing Application to Phone using "adb -d install" Command
"adb -d install" Command Options
Installing "AboutAndroid" to LG-P925g Phone
Developing Applications with Android API Level 7
- USB cable connection can charge the phone from the computer.
- USB cable connection can also turn your phone into USB storage drive to the computer.
- USB cable connection can also provide debugging interface for the Android SDK package on the computer
to install and debug applications on the phone. But you need to install the USB driver on the computer first.
- The ADB tool has switch to select the emulator or connected device: "adb -e" for emulator and "adb -d" for device.
- "ant installd" can install an application to the emulator or the connected device, but only if one of them exists.
- "adb install" can install an application to the emulator or the connected device, even both of them exist.
"adb -e install" works for the emulator. "adb -d install" works for the connected device.
- You need to stay with API Level 7 when developing a new Android application,
if you want the application to run on 99% of existing Android devices.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Installing JDK 1.8 on Windows System
Installation of Android SDK R24 and Emulator
Installing Apache Ant 1.9 on Windows System
Developing First Android Application - HelloAndroid
Android Application Package (APK) Files
Android Debug Bridge (adb) Tool
Android File Systems
AboutAndroid - Application to Retrieve System Information
android.app.Activity Class and Activity Lifecycle
View Objects and Layout Resource Files
Using "adb logcat" Command for Debugging
Build Process and Package File Content
Building Your Own Web Browser
Android Command Line Shell
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Mini Tablet
USB Debugging Applications on Samsung Tablet
Android Tablet - LG-V905R
USB Debugging Applications on LG-V905R Tablet
Android Phone - LG-P925g
►USB Debugging Applications on LG-P925g Phone
Full Version in PDF/EPUB