Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Setting Up New Connection Sites
This section provides a tutorial example on how to create a new connection site with Site Manager inside FileZilla.
Now let's try to use FileZilla to connect a FTP server. The first step is to create a new connect site with the Site Manager function of FileZilla.
1. Double click on c:\local\FileZilla-3.1.5\filezilla.exe. You will the FileZilla main window.
2. Click menu File > Site Manager. The Site Manager dialog box shows up.
3. Click the New Site button. A new entry shows up below the My Site folder icon.
4. Enter "NETLIB" as the site name and enter values for other fields as:
Host: netlib2.cs.utk.edu Port: 21 Servertype: FTP - File Transfer Protocol Logontype: Ask for password User: anonymous Password:
5. Click OK to save the site setting for NETLIB. See the picture below:
By the way, netlib2.cs.utk.edu is anonymous FTP site for NETLIB, a repository of freely available software of interest to the numerical computing.
Table of Contents