Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing Spybot - Search and Destroy 1.6.2
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6 on a Windows system.
If you are interested to try Spybot - Search & Destroy, you can follow these steps to download and install it on your Windows system.
1. Go to http://safer-networking.org, and follow the download link to download Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 free edition.
2. Save the downloaded file to: C:\download\spybotsd162.exe, 16,409,960 bytes.
3. Double click spybotsd162.exe and install it at C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
4. Run it by clicking Start > All Programs > Spybot - Search & Destroy > Spybot - Search & Destroy to make sure it works.
5. Follow the suggestion to create a registry backup
6. Click "Help > Help" in the menu. And read system requirements under the "Welcome" topic. It says that supported system are: Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP (32 and 64 bit), 2003, Vista. But it runs ok on my Windows 7 system.
7. Read more help topics to understand how to use Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 properly.
The following picture shows the main screen of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents