Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
What Is McAfee Security Scan Plus?
This section describes the malware scan program, Security Scan Plus, from McAfee for Windows 7 and XP. Download and installation instructions are provided.
What Is McAfee Security Scan Plus? McAfee Security Scan Plus is a free diagnostic tool that ensures you are protected from threats by actively checking your computer for up-to-date anti-virus, firewall, and web security software. It also scans for threats in any open programs. McAfee Security Scan Plus supports Windows 7 and XP.
In most situations, Microsoft security scan tools are good enough to protect your Windows system. But if you want to have an extra scanning tool, McAfee Security Scan Plus is a good choice. This tutorial shows you hot download and install McAfee Security Scan Plus.
1. Go to http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/freescan.aspx and click the "Scan now" link. You will see the "McAfee Security Scan Plus" download Web page.
2. Click the "Free Download" button and save the download file, SecurityScan_Release.exe to a temporary folder.
3. Double click on the downloaded file "SecurityScan_Release.exe" to start the installation process.
4. Click "Start > All Programs > McAfee Security Scan Plus > McAfee Security Scan Plus" to launch it. You will see "Security Scan Plus" screen.
5. Click "Settings" menu to configure the scheduled scanning as the following:
Schedule Your Scan [x] Use McAfee scan schedule: Every Friday at 06:00 PM [x] Automatically update my software during my scheduled scan
6. Click "Apply" button to save changes.
The picture below shows you automated scan schedule of McAfee Security Scan Plus on Windows 7:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents