SOAP Web Service Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
SoapUI Configuration for Username Token
This section provides a tutorial example on how to create a configuration entry to support WS-Security username token with '#PasswordDigest' password type using SoapUI.
If you want to generate SOAP request messages with a username token using "#PasswordText" password type, you can insert the "wsse:Security.wsse:UsernameToken" element manually with "Username" and "Password" sub elements.
But if you want to generate SOAP request messages with a username tokens using "#PasswordDigest" password type, you need to use some tool to produce SHA-1 digest and Base64 encoding.
SoapUI is definitely an easy-to-use tool to generate SOAP messages that supports username tokens and other WS-Security features.
Here is what I did to set a configuration in SoapUI to generate a "#PasswordDigest" usename tokens:
1. Run SoapUI and load Hello_WSDL_11_SOAP.wsdl as shown in previous tutorials.
2. Double-click on the project name "helloProject" The project properties screen shows up.
3. Click on the "WS-Security Configurations" tab.
4. On the next level tab list, click on "Outgoing WS-Security Configurations".
5. Click the "+" icon to add a WS-Security configuration. Then enter "Username" as the configuration name.
6. Click the "+" icon below the configuration name list to add a configuration entry, Then select "Username" from the entry type list.
7. Enter the following to complete the configuration entry:
Username: herong Password: iLoveDogs Add Nonce: [x] Adds a nonce Add Created: [x] Adds a created Password Type: Password Digest
The picture belows shows you the WS-Security configuration entry
to support "#PasswordDigest" username tokens:
Last update: 2014.
Table of Contents