PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Trusted Certificate Store on iOS 10 iPhone
This section provides a tutorial example on how to locate and view the trusted root certificate store in iOS 10 on iPhone: Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings.
When your iPhone is connected to the Internet, many apps will use the PKI technology to authenticate service providers and encrypt data exchanged between your iPhone and the providers.
An important component of the PKI technology is the trusted certificate store where Root CA certificates are maintained.
Here is how you can find the location of the trusted certificate store on your iPhone running iOS 10.
1. Tap on "Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings". The trusted certificate store information is displayed. For example:
Trust Store Version 2006102100 Learn more about trusted certificates
2. Tap on "Learn more about trusted certificates". List of available trusted root certificates is displayed with some current alert message.
3. Scroll down to see the list of iOS Trust Stores.
4. Tap on "List of available trusted root certificates in iOS 10". A list of root certificates is displayed with some explanations.
5. Scroll down to review each root certificate.
6. Note that the trusted root certificate store on iOS 10 is read-only. You can not add or remove any certificates.
Table of Contents