PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.04, by Dr. Herong Yang
Join CAcert.org as a Member
This section provides a tutorial example on how to join CAcert.org as a community member.
The first step of CAcert.org services is to join CAcert.org and create an account.
1. Run Firefox 3 and visit http://www.cacert.org/.
2. Click "Join" link. The "This Connection is Untrusted" error page shows up. This is normal, because CAcert.org is not recognized as a trusted root CA by Firefox 3, and other popular Web browsers.
3. Click "I Understand the Risks" link on the error page and click "Add Exception" button. The "Add Security Exception" dialog box shows up. The Location field displays: https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=1.
4. Click "Confirm Security Exception" button. The sign in form shows.
5. Complete and submit the form. An account verification message will be delivered to your email box.
6. Open the message and click the verification link to finish the sign in process.
Congratulations, you are a CAcert.org community member now!
Last update: 2011.
Table of Contents