PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v2.32, by Herong Yang
Archived: Viewing Pre-Installed Certificates in Firefox 35
This section provides a tutorial example on how to view pre-installed certificates in Mozilla Firefox. View certificate button is on the Encryption tab of the Advanced option page.
After reviewing the HTTPS server certificate provided by the remote Web server, I want to know how to access pre-installed root CA certificates in Mozilla Firefox.
1. Run Mozilla Firefox, and go to the "Tools" > "Options..." menu. The Options dialog box shows up.
2. Click the "Advanced" icon, then click the "Certificates" tab.
3. Click the "View Certificates" button. The Certificate Manager dialog box shows up.
4. Click the "Authorities" tab. A list of pre-installed trusted root CA certificates shows up.
5. Double-click "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5" The "Certificate Viewer" dialog box shows up.
Now I know to view Mozilla Firefox pre-installed certificates. If you click other tabs, you will see some other certificates in different categories:
The picture below shows you how to access the Certificate Manager in Mozilla Firefox to view pre-installed certificates:
Table of Contents