JVM Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 4.23, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing JRockit R28.2.7
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install Oracle JRockit 6 R28.2.7 on Windows systems.
To try JRockit, I followed these steps to download and install Oracle JRockit 6 R28.2.7 on my Windows 7 system:
1. Go to the JRockit download page: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/jrockit/downloads/.
2. Click the "Download" link next to "Windows x86" version.
3. Login to with Oracle Web account or register for a new account.
4. Wait for the download file, jrockit-jdk1.6.0_45-R28.2.7-4.1.0-windows-ia32.exe, to be fully transferred.
5. Double click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
6. Check "No - Don't install Public JRE" on the installation option: "Do you want to install JRockit as the public JRE for this computer?".
7. Wait for the installation process to finish.
8. Verify the installation by running the following command:
>\progra~1\java\jrockit-jdk1.6.0_45-R28.2.7-4.1.0\bin\java -version java version "1.6.0_45" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_45-b06) Oracle JRockit(R) (build R28.2.7-7-155314-1.6.0_45-20130329-0645-windows-ia32, compiled mode)
If you receive the same output list above, then the installation is successful.
The output also tells us that the Java SE 1.6.0 Runtime Environment is used in JRockit R28.2.7.
Last update: 2014.
Table of Contents