Installing FFmpeg to Manipulate Video SWF Files
This section introduces the FFmpeg package that can be used to manipulate video stream SWF files, and other multimedia data.
The best tool to manipulate video and audio stream SWF files is
probably the FFmpeg package.
What Is FFmpeg?
FFmpeg (Fast Forward MPEG) is a free software project that produces libraries and programs for handling multimedia data.
FFmpeg contains the following components:
- ffmpeg is a command-line tool that converts audio or video formats. It can also grab and encode in real-time from a TV card.
- ffserver is an HTTP and RTSP multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts. It can also time shift live broadcast.
- ffplay is a simple media player based on SDL and on the FFmpeg libraries.
- ffprobe is a command-line tool to show media information (text, CSV, XML), see also Mediainfo.
- libswresample is a library containing audio resampling routines.
- libavresample is a library containing audio resampling routines from the Libav project, completely different from libswresample from ffmpeg.
- libavcodec is a library containing all the FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders. Most codecs were developed from scratch to ensure best performance and high code reusability.
- libavformat is a library containing demuxers and muxers for audio/video container formats.
- libavutil is a helper library containing routines common to different parts of FFmpeg. This library includes Adler-32, CRC, MD5, RIPEMD, SHA-1, SHA-2, LZO decompressor, Base64 encoder/decoder, DES encrypter/decrypter, RC4 encrypter/decrypter and AES encrypter/decrypter.
- libpostproc is a library containing video postprocessing routines.
- libswscale is a library containing video image scaling and colorspace/pixelformat conversion routines.
- libavfilter is the substitute for vhook which allows the video/audio to be modified or examined between the decoder and the encoder.
Note that FFmpeg package can only be used on stream (video and/or audio) SWF files.
Downloading and installing FFmpeg on Windows is easy:
- Go to http://ffmpeg.org/download.html download page.
- Click on "Zeranoe FFmpeg Builds" in the Windows section.
- Click on "just download the 32-bit static builds".
The download process starts.
- Save the download file "ffmpeg-latest-win32-static.7z" to temporary folder.
- Unzip "ffmpeg-latest-win32-static.7z" using 7-Zip or WinRAR.
- Move and rename the unzipped folder "ffmpeg-20140523-git-1d36def-win32-static\" to
Run the following command to verify the installation:
ffmpeg version N-63378-g1d36def
libavutil 52. 86.100 / 52. 86.100
libavcodec 55. 63.100 / 55. 63.100
libavformat 55. 40.100 / 55. 40.100
libavdevice 55. 13.101 / 55. 13.101
libavfilter 4. 5.100 / 4. 5.100
libswscale 2. 6.100 / 2. 6.100
libswresample 0. 19.100 / 0. 19.100
libpostproc 52. 3.100 / 52. 3.100
Excellent. FFmpeg is ready on my Windows system!
Last update: 2014.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of Adobe Flash
Adobe Flash Player Plugin for Firefox
Adobe Flash Player Plugin for Chrome
Adobe Flash Player Plugin for Safari
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX for IE
Using "object" Elements for Flash Files
Using "embed" Elements for Flash Files
"mp3player" - MP3 Music Player
Flash Player Projector
SWFTools - SWF File Manipulation Tools
SWFC Script to Generate Flash SWF Files
ActionScript Embedded in SWFC Script
AS3Compile - ActionScript 3 Compiler
Adobe Flex SDK 4
SWF File Structure and Tags
SWF File Processing Rules
►SWF Files for Video and Audio Streams
Video and Audio Stream SWF File Structure
►Installing FFmpeg to Manipulate Video SWF Files
Playing Movie with FFmpeg "ffplay" Command
See File Properties with FFmpeg "ffprobe" Command
Convert File Format with "ffmpeg" Command
Issue with "ffplay" on SWF Output File
"ffplay" Interactive Commands
Break Long Video into Parts with "ffmpeg"
Concatenate Video Files with "ffmpeg"
Video/Audio Stream Concatenation Order
Split Audio Stream Out of SWF File
Split Video Stream Out of SWF File
Merge Video and Audio Streams to SWF File
Reduce Video Stream Resolution
Reduce Video Frame Rate
PDF Printing Version