Flash Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
"ffplay" Interactive Commands
This section provides a tutorial example on how to use 'ffplay' interactive commands to seek a play particular position while playing a video file.
While playing a movie with the "ffplay", you can also control the playing process using the following interactive commands:
q, ESC quit f toggle full screen p, SPC pause a cycle audio channel in the current program v cycle video channel t cycle subtitle channel in the current program c cycle program w cycle video filters or show modes s activate frame-step mode left/right seek backward/forward 10 seconds down/up seek backward/forward 1 minute page down/page up seek backward/forward 10 minutes mouse click seek to percentage in file corresponding to fraction of width
Let use these interactive commands to locate the ending position of the "Anchor 'Great Escape'" segment.
1. Run "ffplay" to play "Tony_reelshow_2009_512kb.mp4". The movie player starts.
2. Click the player screen at about 22% width position. The player seeks to 00:00:42 position and displays the following on the console:
Seek to 22% ( 0:00:42) of total duration ( 0:03:11) B f=0/0
3. Press "p" to stop the play. The player displays a still image of the "Anchor 'Great Escape'" segment.
4. Press "s" to step 1 frame forward. The player shows the following on the console:
42.03 A-V: 0.028 fd= 96 aq= 5KB vq= 9KB sq= 0B f=0/0
5. Press <right> arrow key to seek forward for 10 seconds. The player displays a still image of the next movie segment with the following on the console:
52.03 A-V: nan fd= 96 aq= 1KB vq= 19KB sq= 0B f=0/0
6. Press <left> arrow key to seek backward for 10 seconds. Then press "s" many times until you see the last image of the "Anchor 'Great Escape'" segment. It should be at 00:00:43.33.
The picture below shows you the "ffplay" console and player screen:
Repeat the above process to find out the starting position of the "Anchor 'Great Escape'" segment. It should be at 00:00:25.80.
Last update: 2014.
Table of Contents