Ethereum Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v1.05, by Herong Yang
Setup MetaMask Extension for Chrome
This section describes how to setup MetaMask extension for Chrome.
After installing the MetaMask Extension for Chrome, I did the following to set it up:
1. Click the MetaMask icon, or click "Extension > MetaMask", near the top right corner of the browser window. You should see MetaMask extension running in the browser window.
2. Click the "Get Started" button and accept the terms and conditions. You should see two options: "Import Wallet" and "Create a Wallet".
3. Click "Create a Wallet" to create a new wallet. You should see the new password screen.
4. Enter a new password, "herong^yang", and click "CREATE" to create a new account. You should see a secret recovery phrase generated by MetaMask.
5. Copy and save the secret recovery phrase in a safe place, and click "Next". You should see MetaMask prompting you to enter the secret recovery phrase.
6. Enter the secret recovery phrase and to finish creating the new account.
The new Ethereum account is ready.
Table of Contents