Private Network with Custom Genesis Block
This chapter introduces Ethereum private network with custom genesis block.
Build Genesis Block Manually
Run "miner" with Lower Difficulty
Check Mining Rewards on My Account
Pre-Allocate Ether in Genesis Block
Build Ethereum Private Network Properly
Blockchain Difficulty Level and Growth Rate
"Head State Missing" Error on Restarting "geth"
Download and Install "geth" 1.8.2
Run and Restart with "geth" 1.8.2
- You can customize the genesis block when starting a new private Ethereum network.
- You can build a custom genesis block using a genesis block file in JSON format.
- You can set the difficult level to a lower value in the genesis block.
- You can pre-allocate Ether money to an Ether account in the genesis block.
- "difficulty = 10000000" seems to be reasonable for the "geth" miner
on a home computer, which generates 1 new block every 2 or 3 minutes.
- "geth" 1.8.1 has a bug that cause data issue when closing the node.
When restarting the node, all blocks will be removed except the genesis block.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of Ethereum
Ethereum Mist Wallet
geth - Go Ethereum
Testnet - Ropsten network
Private Ethereum Network
64-Bit "geth" for Private Ethereum Network
►Private Network with Custom Genesis Block
Transferring Funds between Ether Accounts
MetaMask - Browser Based Ethereum Wallet
Managing Ethereum Account
Mining Ether with Your Computer
Full Version in PDF/EPUB