Android Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v3.03, by Herong Yang
Outdated: Downloading and Installing Apache Ant 1.8
This section describes how to download and install Apache Ant 1.8.3 on a Windows system. Apache Ant is a popular Java application build tool that allows you to automate the Java application build process.
To develop Android applications in Java language, you also need to install Apache Ant, which is a popular Java application build tool that allows you to automate the Java application build process.
Here is what I did to download and install Apache Ant 1.8.3 on my Windows system.
1. Go to Apache Ant home page: http://ant.apache.org/ and click "Download / Binary Distributions" in the menu.
2. Click the link "apache-ant-1.8.3-bin.zip" next to ".zip archive:" in the "Current Release of Ant" section to start download.
3. Save the download file to C:\download\apache-ant-1.8.3-bin.zip and wait for the download to finish.
4. Unzip C:\download\apache-ant-1.8.3-bin.zip to folder C:\local\apache-ant-1.8.3.
5. Set JAVA_HOME as a system environment variable to point to the JDK 1.7 home folder:
To verify the installation, open a command window to try the "ant" command. If you are getting the following output, your installation is done correctly:
C:\herong>\local\apache-ant-1.8.3\bin\ant -version Apache Ant(TM) version 1.8.3 compiled on February 26 2012
Table of Contents