Android Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Outdated: Downloading and Installing Android SDK R17
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install Android SDK (Software Development Kit) Revision 17 on Windows systems.
This tutorial was based on Android SDK R17 with Android 4.0.3 and left here as a reference.
If you want to develop applications for Android systems, you need to start with the following two steps to create an Android development environment on your Windows system:
Here is what I did to download and install the Android SDK Revision 17 starter package:
1. Go to the Android SDK download page at http://developer.android.com/sdk/.
2. Click "android-sdk_r17-windows.zip" in the Windows section. The browser will start the download process.
3. Save the downloaded file to C:\download\android-sdk_r17-windows.zip. The file size should be 37,417,953 bytes.
4. Unzip the downloaded file to C:\local\android-sdk-windows.
5. Double-click on "C:\local\android-sdk-windows\SDK Manager.exe". The "Android SDK Manager" windows will show up:
Cool. Android SDK Revision 17 starter package is installed now. Read next tutorials to learn how to install Android platform emulator.
Last update: 2012.
Table of Contents