Outdated: Downloading and Installing JDK 12
This section describes how to download and install JDK 12 on a Windows system.
The current version of JDK is JDK 12, which is also called Java SE (Standard Edition) 12
Here is what I did to download and install JDK 12 on my Windows machine.
- Open the Java SE Download page with this URL:
- Click the download button next to "Java Platform (JDK) 12".
You will see a new page with a list of different download files of JDK 12.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Click the hyper link of "jdk-12.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe",
next to "Windows 158.49 MB".
- Save jdk-12.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe to a temporary directory.
- Double-click on jdk-12.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe to start the installation wizard.
- The installation wizard will guide you to finish the installation.
The picture below shows you how the JDK 12 Installation Screen looks like:
To test the installation, open a command window to try the java command.
If you are getting the following output, your installation is good:
java version "12.0.1" 2019-04-16
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 12.0.1+12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 12.0.1+12, mixed mode, sharing)
Table of Contents
About This Book
JDK (Java Development Kit)
Introduction of Java Swing Package
Graphics Environment of the Local System
JFrame - Main Frame Class
JLabel - Swing Label Class
JButton - Swing Button Class
JCheckBox - Swing Check Box Class
JRadioButton - Swing Radio Button Class
JTextField - Swing Text Field Class
JComboBox - Swing Combo Box Class
Menu Bar, Menus, Menu Items and Listeners
Creating Internal Frames inside the Main Frame
Layout of Components in a Container
LookAndFeel and UIManager
Option Dialog Boxes
JEditorPane - The Editor Pane Class
SwingWorker - The Background Task Worker
AWT (Abstract Windows Toolkit)
Integration with Desktop System
►Outdated: Downloading and Installing JDK 12
Outdated: Downloading and Installing JDK 10
Full Version in PDF/EPUB