About This Book
This section provides some detailed information about this book - Perl Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples.
Title: Perl Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
Author: Dr. Herong Yang -
Contact by email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Version/Edition: 6.00, 2020
Number of pages in PDF format: 259
This Perl tutorial book is a collection of notes and sample codes written by the author while he was
learning Perl language himself. Topics include introduction of ActivePerl; data types, variables and
expressions; scalars, arrays, hash maps, and references; input/output and file systems; DBM files and
MySQL access; socket communication; generating executables; XML::Simple and RPC:XML modules;
LWP::UserAgent, HTTP::Request and SOAP::Lite modules; CGI, and IIS/Apache integrations.
Updated in 2020 (Version 6.00) with macOS tutorials.
Perl, Script, Language, Example, Code, Tutorial, Book.
- This book is under © 2020 Dr. Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- The example codes is provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
- Version 6.00, 2020. Added tutorials for macOS and Linux.
- Version 5.50, 2019. Updated with Perl v5.26.1.
- Version 5.30, 2014. Added tutorials on CGI.pm and LWP::UserAgent.
- Version 5.00, 2005. Added tutorials on XML-RPC.
- Version 4.00, 2002. Added tutorials on SOAP.
- Version 3.00, 1999. Added tutorials on classes.
- Version 2.00, 1996. Added tutorials on DBM files.
- Version 1.00, 1995. First edition.
Web version: http://www.herongyang.com/Perl -
Provides free sample chapters, latest updates and readers' comments.
The Web version of this book has been viewed a total of:
- 1,642,156 times as of December 2018.
- 1,547,354 times as of December 2017.
- 1,433,821 times as of December 2016.
- 1,307,643 times as of December 2015.
- 1,162,501 times as of December 2014.
- 979,141 times as of December 2013.
- 813,834 times as of December 2012.
- 650,091 times as of December 2011.
- 490,036 times as of December 2010.
- 356,604 times as of December 2009.
- 207,629 times as of December 2008.
- 137,317 times as of December 2007.
- 92,461 times as of December 2006.
PDF/EPUB version: http://www.herongyang.com/Perl/PDF-Full-Version.html -
Provides information on how to obtain the full version of this book in PDF, EPUB, or other format.
Table of Contents
►About This Book
Perl on Linux Systems
ActivePerl on Windows Systems
Data Types: Values and Variables
Expressions, Operations and Simple Statements
User Defined Subroutines
Perl Built-in Debugger
Name Spaces and Perl Module Files
Symbolic (or Soft) References
Hard References - Addresses of Memory Objects
Objects (or References) and Classes (or Packages)
Typeglob and Importing Identifiers from Other Packages
String Built-in Functions and Performance
File Handles and Data Input/Output
Open Files in Binary Mode
Open Directories and Read File Names
File System Functions and Operations
Image and Picture Processing
Using DBM Database Files
Using MySQL Database Server
Socket Communication Over the Internet
XML::Simple Module - XML Parser and Generator
XML Communication Model
SOAP::Lite - SOAP Server-Client Communication Module
Perl Programs as IIS Server CGI Scripts
CGI (Common Gateway Interface)
XML-RPC - Remote Procedure Call with XML and HTTP
RPC::XML - Perl Implementation of XML-RPC
Integrating Perl with Apache Web Server
CGI.pm Module for Building Web Pages
LWP::UserAgent and Web Site Testing
Converting Perl Script to Executable Binary
Managing Perl Engine and Modules on macOS
Full Version in PDF/EPUB