PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing Website Server Certificate on iOS 10 iPhone
This section provides a tutorial example on how to install Website server certificate on iOS 10 iPhone by receiving certificate an email attachment.
From previous tutorials, we have learned that Web browsers Safari and Chrome on iOS 10 iPhone do not provide any functions to export and install Website server certificate to your iOS system directly.
But you can use the following workaround process to do it.
1. Use a Web browser on your laptop or desktop computer to visit the same https Website like https://login.yahoo.com.
2. Click on the lock logo next to the Website address area. And click view certificate. The server certificate is displayed.
3. Export the server certificate to a file like yahoo.cer.
4. Email the certificate file, yahoo.cer, to yourself as an attachment.
5. Go to you iOS 10 iPhone and open this email. The attachment is displayed.
6. Tap on the attachment icon to download the attachment.
7. Tap on the attachment icon again. The server certificate is displayed and ready to be installed.
8. Tap on "Install". The server certificate will be install to the iOS phone.
Table of Contents