PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Exporting Server Certificate to File in Mozilla Firefox
This section provides a tutorial example on how to export an HTTPS server certificate to a certificate file in PEM (Privacy Enhanced Mail) format.
In previous tutorials, I learned how to view an HTTPS server certificate and its certificate path. Now I want to learn how to save a server certificate to a certificate file.
1. Visit https://login.yahoo.com with Mozilla Firefox, and view the server certificate again.
2. Click the "Details" tab on the Certificate Viewer.
3. Click the "Export..." button. The "Save Certificate To File" dialog box shows up.
4. Select "X.509 Certificate (PEM)" in the "Save as type" field. Enter "\temp\yahoo_pem.crt" as the file name.
5. Click the "Save" button. The "*.login.yahoo.com" certificate will be exported into the specified file.
Certificate file types supported by Mozilla Firefox are:
X.509 Certificate (PEM) (*.crt,*.pem) X.509 Certificate with chain (PEM) (*.crt,*.pem) X.509 Certificate (DER) (*.der) X.509 Certificate (PKCS#7) (*.p7c) X.509 Certificate with chain (PKCS#7) (*.p7c)
Table of Contents