Java Tools Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v6.23, by Herong Yang
Archived: Downloading and Installing J2SE 1.5.0 on Windows
This section provides tutorial example on how to download and install J2SE (JDK - Java Development Kit) 1.5.0.
Here is what I did to download and install JDK 1.5.0 on my Windows system:
1. Go to http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp.
2. Click the "Download JDK" hyper link.
3. Follow the instructions on the Web pages to download jdk-1_5_0-windows-i586.exe to a working directory on your hard disk. This file is about 45 MB.
4. Double click on the file name: jdk-1_5_0-windows-i586.exe in the working directory in the File Explorer.
5. Follow the instruction on the installation window to finish the installation. Remember to specify the target directory as: \j2sdk1.5.0.
6. Open a command window to try the java command. If you are getting the following output, you know your installation is done correctly:
herong> \j2sdk1.5.0\bin\java -version java version "1.5.0" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0-b64) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0-b64, mixed mode)
Table of Contents
javac - The Java Program Compiler
java - The Java Program Launcher
jpackage - Binary Package Builder
javadoc - The Java Document Generator
jdeps - The Java Class Dependency Analyzer
jdeprscan - The Java Deprecated API Scanner
jcmd - The JVM Diagnostic Tool
jconsole - Java Monitoring and Management Console
jstat - JVM Statistics Monitoring Tool
jhsdb - The Java HotSpot Debugger
jvisualvm (Java VisualVM) - JVM Visual Tool
javap - The Java Class File Disassembler
keytool - Public Key Certificate Tool
jrunscript - Script Code Shell
native2ascii - Native-to-ASCII Encoding Converter
JAB (Java Access Bridge) for Windows
Archived: Installing JDK 12 on Windows
Archived: Installing JDK 10 on Windows
Archived: Downloading and Installing Java 8
Archived: Downloading and Installing J2SE 1.6.0 on Windows
Archived: JDK 1.6 keytool - keystore File Tool
►Archived: Downloading and Installing J2SE 1.5.0 on Windows
Archived: JDK 1.5 keytool - keystore File Tool