Flash Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v3.03, by Dr. Herong Yang
Removing Adobe Flash Player from IE 10
This section provides a tutorial example on how to uninstall or remove Adobe Flash Player 13 for IE 10 from Windows systems
Once installed, Adobe Flash Player will be executed whenever you visit a Web site that uses it to run Flash applications. If you are concerned about the security and performance impact of running Adobe Flash Player, you should uninstall it.
Here is how I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 13 ActiveX from my Windows 7 system:
1. Close IE (Internet Explorer) and any other Web browsers.
2. Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
3. Double-click on "Adobe Flash Player 13 ActiveX". You will see the "Uninstall Adobe Flash Player" screen as shown below:
4. Follow the instruction given by the uninstall dialog box to finish the un-installation process.
5. Run Windows Explorer and go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash folder. You see these files removed: Flash32_13_0_0_214.ocx, FlashUtil32_13_0_0_214_ActiveX.exe, and FlashUtil32_13_0_0_214_ActiveX.dll.
Table of Contents