Flash Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v3.03, by Dr. Herong Yang
Enabling Pepper Flash in Chrome 35
This section provides a tutorial example on how to enable the integrated Flash Player plugin called Pepper Flash in Chrome 35.
If see the "Missing plugin" icon on a Web page with Flash content on Chrome 35, you can enable the integrated Adobe Flash Player plugin without download anything from Adobe.
1. Run Chrome 35 and type in "chrome://plugins" in the Web page address field. You will see a list of all plugins currently installed in Chrome.
2. Click the "Details" link on the top right corner of the page until you see details showing up for each plugin type.
3. Scroll down to the "Adobe Flash Player" plugin type section, you will see Pepper Flash plugin details displayed with gray background. This means that Pepper Flash plugin is disabled.
4. Click on the "Enable" link to enable Pepper Flash plugin. You should see details similar to the following:
Name: Shockwave Flash Description: Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0 Version: 184.108.40.206 Location: C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\35.0.1916.114 \PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.d Type: PPAPI (out-of-process) MIME types: MIME type Description File extensions application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash .swf application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player .spl
5. Go to http://herongyang.com/Flash/SWFC-ActionScript-Space-Explorer-Stabilized.html again, you should see the Space Explorer Flash running near the bottom of the page now.
Note that Pepper Flash is the plugin maintained by Google and integrated with Chrome to support Flash Web contents. It is different than the Adobe Flash Player plugin maintained by Adobe.
Table of Contents