Base64URL - URL Safe Base64 Encoding
This chapter provides notes and tutorials on Base64URL encoding algorithm and implementations. Topics include reviewing Base64URL encoding algorithm; invoking built-in implementation of Base64URL encoding functions in Java and Python; implementing Base64URL encoding yourself in PHP and Perl.
Base64URL Encoding Algorithm
Java Built-In Implementation of Base64URL
Python Built-In Implementation of Base64URL
PHP Implementation of Base64URL Encoding
Perl Implementation of Base64URL Encoding
- Base64URL is a data encoding algorithm that
converts any binary data into 64 printable characters
that are URL safe (Not using any URL special characters).
- Base64URL was introduced in "RFC 4648 - The Base16, Base32, and Base64 Data Encodings".
- Technically, Base64URL is a variation of Base64 with 2 characters "+/" replaced
- Both Java and Python have built-in default implementation of the Base64URL encoding.
- For PHP and Perl users, you have to implement the Base64URL encoding by yourself
using built-in standard Basee64 encoding functions.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Base64 Encoding and Decoding Tools
►Base64URL - URL Safe Base64 Encoding
URL Encoding, URI Encoding, or Percent Encoding
Full Version in PDF/EPUB