Cryptography Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v5.40, by Dr. Herong Yang
Managing Certificates in Certificate Stores
This section provides a tutorial example on how to access and manage certificates pre-installed Firefox.
In the previous tutorial, I learned how to view the certificate from the server, while contacting an https (SSL) Web server. Now I want to know how to access pre-installed certificates in Firefox.
1. Run Firefox. Click the menu icon and select "Options...". The Options page shows up.
2. Click the lock icon. Security options shows up.
3. Click "View Certificates" in the Certificate section near the right edge. The Certificate Manager page box shows up.
4. Go to the Authorities tab.
5. Select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority", and click "View" button. The Certificate Viewer dialog box shows up.
Now we know that Firefox does have pre-installed certificates. If you click other tabs, you will see some other certificates in different categories:
The picture below shows you how to access the Certificate Manager in Firefox:
Table of Contents