About This Book
This section provides some detailed information about this book - Cryptography Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples.
Title: Cryptography Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
Author: Dr. Herong Yang -
Contact by email via email@example.com.
Version/Edition: v5.40, 2020
Number of pages in PDF format: 352
This cryptography tutorial book is a collection of notes and sample
codes written by the author while he was learning
cryptography technologies himself. Topics include
MD5 and SHA1 message digest algorithms and implementations,
DES, Blowfish and AES secret key cipher algorithms and implementations,
RSA and DSA public key encription algorithms and implementations,
Java and PHP cryptography APIs,
OpenSSL, keytool and other cryptography tools,
PKI certificates and Web browser supports.
Updated in 2020 (Version v5.40) with Java 12.
Keywords: Cryptography, Encryption, Security, Tutorial, Example
- This book is under Copyright © 2020 Dr. Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- The example codes is provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
- Version 5.40, 2020. Updated with Java 12.
- Version 5.30, 2015. Added tutorials on AES algorithms.
- Version 5.20, 2013. Added tutorials on RSA and DSA algorithms.
- Version 5.00, 2009. Added tutorials on MD5 and SHA1 algorithms.
- Version 4.00, 2007. Added tutorials on OpenSSL.
- Version 3.00, 2004. Added tutorials on Java keytool.
- Version 2.00, 2003. Added tutorials on Blowfish algorithm.
- Version 1.00, 2002. Started with tutorials on DES algorithm.
Web version: http://www.herongyang.com/Cryptography -
Provides free sample chapters, latest updates and readers' comments.
The Web version of this book has been viewed a total of:
- 3,789,402 times as of December 2018.
- 3,562,281 times as of December 2017.
- 3,270,508 times as of December 2016.
- 2,668,481 times as of December 2015.
- 1,974,178 times as of December 2014.
- 1,476,164 times as of December 2013.
- 1,191,405 times as of December 2012.
- 936,329 times as of December 2011.
- 687,681 times as of December 2010.
- 417,742 times as of December 2009.
- 237,675 times as of December 2008.
- 190,670 times as of December 2007.
PDF/EPUB version: http://www.herongyang.com/Cryptography/PDF-Full-Version.html -
Provides information on how to obtain the full version of this book in PDF, EPUB, or other format.
Table of Contents
►About This Book
Cryptography Basic Concepts
Introduction to AES (Advanced Encryption Standard)
Introduction to DES Algorithm
DES Algorithm - Illustrated with Java Programs
DES Algorithm Java Implementation
DES Algorithm - Java Implementation in JDK JCE
DES Encryption Operation Modes
DES in Stream Cipher Modes
PHP Implementation of DES - mcrypt
Blowfish - 8-Byte Block Cipher
Secret Key Generation and Management
Cipher - Secret Key Encryption and Decryption
Introduction of RSA Algorithm
RSA Implementation using java.math.BigInteger Class
Introduction of DSA (Digital Signature Algorithm)
Java Default Implementation of DSA
Private key and Public Key Pair Generation
PKCS#8/X.509 Private/Public Encoding Standards
Cipher - Public Key Encryption and Decryption
MD5 Mesasge Digest Algorithm
SHA1 Mesasge Digest Algorithm
OpenSSL Introduction and Installation
OpenSSL Generating and Managing RSA Keys
OpenSSL Managing Certificates
OpenSSL Generating and Signing CSR
OpenSSL Validating Certificate Path
"keytool" and "keystore" from JDK
"OpenSSL" Signing CSR Generated by "keytool"
Migrating Keys from "keystore" to "OpenSSL" Key Files
Certificate X.509 Standard and DER/PEM Formats
Migrating Keys from "OpenSSL" Key Files to "keystore"
Using Certificates in IE
Using Certificates in Google Chrome
Using Certificates in Firefox
Full Version in PDF/EPUB