Page Layout Masters
This chapter provides tutorial notes and example codes on XSL-FO page layout masters. Topics include introduction of simple-page-master and page-sequence-master; declaring region-body, region-before, region-after, region-start and region-end; mapping a page-sequence to a layout or layout sequence; mapping flow of blocks to page regions.
simple-page-master - Simple Page Layout
simple-page-master Attributes and Sub Elements
simple-page-master/region-body Sub Element
region-before and region-after Sub Elements
region-start and region-end Sub Elements
"Body" Region Margin and "Side" Region Extent
Precedence of Side Region Corners
Page Layout and Page Sequence Mapping
What Is "page-sequence-master"
Layout Sequence Example - Cover and Content
Wheat Is "repeatable-page-master-alternatives"?
Layout Sequence Example - Odd and Even Pages
- There are two types of page layout masters: simple-page-master and page-sequence-master.
- simple-page-master declares a single page layout with 5 regions:
region-body, region-before, region-after, region-start and region-end.
- The region-body is located in center of the page.
- region-before, region-after, region-start and region-end are located
along region-body margin lines and extended towards the center of the page.
- A page-sequence can be mapped to a simple-page-master layout
to generate multiple pages by repeating the same layout.
- The page-sequence/flow must be mapped to region-body region of the layout.
- A page-sequence/static-content should be mapped to a region-before, region-after, region-start or region-end.
- page-sequence-master declares a layout sequence with multiple
- A page-sequence can be mapped to a page-sequence-master layout sequence
to generate multiple pages by looping through layouts in the layout sequence.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of XSL-FO
Apache™ FOP (Formatting Objects Processor)
RenderX XEP as an XSL-FO Tool
Introduction of Area Model
XSL-FO Document Basics and Examples
►Page Layout Masters
Block-Level Formatting Objects
Inline-Level Formatting Objects
Including Graphics in XSL-FO document
Table of Rows and Columns
List, Item, Label, and Body
Floating Blocks - "float" and "footnote"
Hyperlinks, Table of Contents and Indexes
Headers and Footers using "static-content"
Font Attributes and Font Families
Apache FOP Font Configurations
RenderX XEP Font Configurations
Converting HTML to PDF
Full Version in PDF/ePUB