Windows Security Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
What Is Norton Power Eraser?
This section provides a quick description of what is Norton Power Eraser and how to perform a simple scan.
What Is Norton Power Eraser? Norton Power Eraser is a free malware scan tool developed by Norton. Norton Power Eraser supports Windows 7 and 8. You can follow these steps to try it.
1. Go to http://us.norton.com/support/DIY/ and click the "Download Now" button to download Norton Power Eraser.
2. Save the download file, NPE.exe, to a temporary folder.
3. Double click on "NPE.exe" to run it. You will see Norton Power Eraser screen.
4. Click the "Scan for Risks" button. You will see message prompt:
To perform a rootkit scan, Norton Power Eraser needs to restart your computer. Do you want to restart now? [Restart]
5. Click the "Restart" button. Norton Power Eraser will restart your computer and continue to perform the scan.
6. Wait for the scan to finish. Most likely no risks will be found.
The picture below shows you the main screen of Norton Power Eraser:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents