Antivirus System PRO - Task Bar Icon Message
This section provides some notes on Antivirus System PRO launching a task bar icon and displaying a fake security alert.
More notes on what Antivirus System PRO did and what I did to remove it.
5. Soon, a new task bar icon shows up (probably created by Antivirus System PRO).
6. The new task bar icon also displays a security message:
"Windows Security alert - Windows reports that computer is infected. Antivirus software
helps to protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. Click here
for the scan your computer. Your system might be at risk now."
See the picture below:
7. Unplugging the network cable and turning off the wireless device to disconnect the computer from the Internet.
8. Ending the Firefox process using the Task Manager.
The Antivirus System PRO window and its warning message are disappeared. This proves again that
Antivirus System PRO is running inside Firefox.
9. The CPU usage is back to 0% now. But the Antivirus System PRO task bar icon is still there.
Some quick conclusions:
- Killing the hanging Firefox process removes the Antivirus System PRO window and its security warning message.
- Some how, Antivirus System PRO is able to launch standalone program as task bar icon.
- Of course, the security message displayed by the Antivirus System PRO task bar icon should not be trusted.
It is also a fake alert.
Last update: 2009.
Table of Contents
About This Windows Security Book
Windows 8: System Security Review
Windows 8: System Security Protection
Windows 8 System Recovery
Windows 8 Defender for Real-Time Protection
Windows 7: System Security Review
Windows 7: System Security Protection
Windows 7 System Recovery
Windows 7 Forefront Client Security
Norton Power Eraser - Anti-Virus Scan Tool
McAfee Virus and Malware Protection Tools
Spybot - Spyware Blocker, Detection and Removal
Keeping Firefox Secure
Keeping IE (Internet Explorer) Secure
Malware (Adware, Spyware, Trojan, Worm, and Virus)
HijackThis - Browser Hijacker Diagnosis Tool
IE Add-on Program Listing and Removal
"Conduit Search" - Malware Detection and Removal
"Tube Dimmer", "Scorpion Saver" or "Adpeak" Malware
Malware Manual Removal Experience
Vundo (VirtuMonde/VirtuMundo) - vtsts.dll Removal
Trojan and Malware "Puper" Description and Removal
VSToolbar (VSAdd-in.dll) - Description and Removal
PWS (Password Stealer) Trojan Infection Removal
MS08-001 Vulnerability on Windows Systems
►Antivirus System PRO
Antivirus System PRO - Fake Security Alert
►Antivirus System PRO - Task Bar Icon Message
Malicious Progarm - WinSpywareProtect sysguard.exe
Malicious Programs - pp10.exe and ld12.exe
IE BHO - iehelper.dll
Faked Host Name - 188.8.131.52
Malicious System Service - drv.dll and drv.sys
PDF Printing Version