SOAP Web Service Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.10, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing SoapUI
This section provides a tutorial example on downloading and installing SoapUI 5.0.0 on Windows system.
Here is what I did to download and install SoapUI 5.0.0:
1. Go to http://www.SoapUI.org/ and click "Download SoapUI" from the "Downloads" menu. The SourceForge download page shows up.
2. Click to open the "SoapUI" > "5.0.0" folder and click on "SoapUI-5.0.0-windows-bin.zip" link.
3. Save the file to \herong\SoapUI-5.0.0-windows-bin.zip.
4. Unzip SoapUI-5.0.0-windows-bin.zip to folder \herong. You will see a new folder created \herong\SoapUI-5.0.0.
5. Run SoapUI 5.0.0 in a command window:
C:\>set "JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0\" C:\>C:\herong\SoapUI-5.0.0\bin\SoapUI.bat Configuring log4j from [c:\herong\SoapUI-5.0.0\bin\SoapUI-log4j.xml] [DefaultSoapUICore] initialized SoapUI-settings from [C:\Users\herong\SoapUI-settings.xml] [WorkspaceImpl] Loading workspace from [C:\Users\herong\default-SoapUI-workspace.xml] [SoapUI] Used java version: 1.8.0
6. After SoapUI screen showing up, click "Help" > "About SoapUI" to check the version. It should say: "SoapUI by SMARTBEAR - SoapUI 5.0.0".
That's it. Installation is done.
Last update: 2014.
Table of Contents