SOAP Web Service Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing ActivePerl v5.8.7 on Windows
This section describes a tutorial on installing ActivePerl 5.8.7 on a Windows system..
0. Rename the current Perl directory from \perl to \perl561
1. Go to http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/, and click the download button.
2. Download the ActivePerl 5.8.7, Windows MSI.
3. Double click on the downloaded file name: ActivePerl-188.8.131.523-MSWin32-x86-148120.msi, and follow the installation tool to install ActivePerl to your system at \perl.
4. Open a command window, and type in perl. If you see the following output, your installation is ok.
>perl -v This is perl, v5.8.7 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread (with 7 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail) Copyright 1987-2005, Larry Wall Binary build 813  provided by ActiveState http://www.ActiveState.com ActiveState is a division of Sophos. ...
Last update: 2007.
Table of Contents