Digital Signature - Microsoft Word 2007
This chapter provides tutorial notes and example codes on applying digital signature with Microsoft Word 2007. Topics include what is PKI digital signature; creating a self-signed certificate as the digital ID; obtaining a commercial certificate signed by a trusted root CA; adding a digital signature to a Word document; viewing details of certificates.
What Is Digital Signature?
PKI Digital Signature
Applying Digital Signatures with MS Word 2007
Creating a Digital ID and Sign Word Documents
View Digital Signatures in Word Documents
Viewing Digital ID Created by MS Word
Obtaining a Trial Digital ID from ARX CoSign
Viewing Digital ID Obtained from ARX CoSign
- A digital signature is an encrypted message digest of generated by the sender of a document.
- The receiver can decrypt the digital signature and compare with the message digest of the received document
to verify the integrity of the received document.
- PKI digital signature includes sender's certificate for the receiver to validate sender's identity with a trusted root CA.
- Microsoft Word 2007 has built-in functions that allow you to add digital signatures to Word documents.
- Word 2007 can create a self-signed certificate for you to add digital signatures to Word documents.
- Word 2007 can pick up certificates from the "Personal" certificate on your Windows system.
- You can also obtain a commercial certificate from a Microsoft partner for you add digital signatures to Word documents.
- You can apply digital signatures to other Microsoft Office tools: Excel, PowerPoint, etc. in the same way as Word.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
Introduction of HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure)
Using HTTPS with IE (Internet Explorer) 10
Using HTTPS with Chrome 40
Using HTTPS with Firefox 35
Perl Scripts Communicating with HTTPS Servers
PHP Scripts Communicating with HTTPS Servers
Java Programs Communicating with HTTPS Servers
Certificate Stores and Certificate Console
.NET Programs Communicating with HTTPS Servers
CAcert.org - Root CA Offering Free Certificates
PKI CA Administration - Issuing Certificates
►Digital Signature - Microsoft Word 2007
Digital Signature - OpenOffice.org 3
S/MIME and Email Security
PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) Terminology
PDF Printing Version