Building Chinese Web Sites Using PHP - Version 2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing Apache 2.4.37 on Windows Systems
This section describes how to install Apache 2.4.37 binary distribution on Windows systems. The server root directory setting needs to be changed to match the installation directory.
After downloaded Apache HTTP Server 2.4.37, I continued to install it on my Windows system:
1. Unzip httpd-2.4.37-win64-VC15.zip. You see a sub-directory called ".\Apache24".
2. Copy and rename the ".\Apache24" sub-directory to \local\apache.
3. Open \local\apache\conf\httpd.conf in an text editor and change the server root directory to match my installation directory by commenting out the original setting and copying it a new setting:
# Define SRVROOT "c:/Apache24" Define SRVROOT "c:/local/apache"
4. Start Apache Web server by running the following command:
4. Open a Web browser with http://localhost. You should see the Apache server default home page saying:
Congratulations, Apache Web server is stalled and working!
Last update: 2019.
Table of Contents