Building Chinese Web Sites Using PHP - Version 2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading Apache 2.4.37 Binary for Windows
This section describes how to download Apache 2.4.37 binary distribution for Windows. You should select the VC15 and 64-bit build to match the PHP engine build.
In order to serve PHP scripts as Web pages, you need to have a Web server running and integrated with the PHP engine. The most popular Web server today is Apache (HTTP Server). Here is what I did to download Apache 2.4.37 binary distribution for Windows:
1. Go to Apache Lounge Website at apachelounge.com/.
2. Click "Downloads" from the left side menu. You see the download page.
3. Click "VC15" from the left side menu, because I downloaded and installed PHP VC15 (Visual C++ v15) build.
4. Select "httpd-2.4.37-win64-VC15.zip" under the Apache 2.4.37 Win64 heading, because I downloaded and installed PHP 64-bit build to start downloading.
5. Save the downloaded file, httpd-2.4.37-win64-VC15.zip, 17,764,403 bytes, in a temporary directory.
You should select the VC15 and 64-bit build to match the PHP engine build that was installed earlier.
Last update: 2019.
Table of Contents