This section describes how to download Apache 2.2.4 binary distribution for Windows.
In order to serve PHP scripts as Web pages, you need to have a Web server running and integrated with the PHP engine.
The most popular Web server today is Apache (HTTP Server). Here is what I did to download Apache 2.2.4 binary distribution for Windows:
2. Go to the "Apache 2.2.6 Released" section and click the "Download" link.
You will see the Apache download page with a pre-selected download mirror Web site.
I used the mirror site: http://apache.cs.utah.edu.
3. Go to the "Apache HTTP Server 2.2.6 is the best available version" section.
Do not select any source packages. Click the "Other files" link.
You will see a download file directory list.
4. Go to the "Binary Releases" section at the end of the directory list.
Click the "binaries/" link. You will see a short list of different operation systems.
5. Click the "win32/" link. You will see a list of binary distribution files.
6. Click "apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi" from the list to start download.
7. Save the downloaded file, apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi, 4,447,744 bytes, in a temporary directory.
Binary distribution of Apache 2.2.6 is not available. I have no choice but to take Apache 2.2.4.
The installation tutorial is in the next section.