Variables, Loops and Cursors Used in Stored Procedures
This chapter provides tutorial notes on store procedures. Topics include declaring variables and assigning values to variables; IF statements; LOOP, REPEAT and WHILE statements; ITERATE and LEAVE statements; Using cursors to loop through output rows of SELECT statements.
These sections are omitted from this Web preview version. To view the full content,
see information on how to obtain the full version this book.
Local Variables in Stored Procedures
Execution Flow Control Statements
ITERATE and LEAVE - Statements to Break Loops
DECLARE ... CURSOR FOR Select Statements
- DECLARE and SET statements are used to declare and set local variables.
- SELECT...INTO statements are used to assign SELECT output into local variables.
- IF...THEN statements are used to execute statement blocks selectively under logical conditions.
- LOOP, REPEAT and WHILE statements are used to execute statement blocks repeatedly in loops.
- ITERATE and LEAVE statements are used to break execution loops.
- DECLARE...CURSOR FOR statements are used to declare cursors with associated SELECT statements.
- OPEN and CLOSE statements are used to open and close cursors.
- FETCH...INTO statements are used to fetch the next output row from open cursors into local variables.
All notes and examples in chapter are tested with MySQL 8.0, 5.7, 5.6, 5.0 and 4.0 servers.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of SQL
MySQL Introduction and Installation
Introduction of MySQL Programs
PHP Programs and MySQL Server
Perl Programs and MySQL Servers
Java Programs and MySQL Servers
Datatypes and Data Literals
Operations and Expressions
Character Strings and Bit Strings
Commonly Used Functions
Table Column Types for Different Types of Values
Using DDL to Create Tables and Indexes
Using DML to Insert, Update and Delete Records
Using SELECT to Query Database
Window Functions for Statistical Analysis
Use Index for Better Performance
Transaction Management and Isolation Levels
Locks Used in MySQL
Defining and Calling Stored Procedures
►Variables, Loops and Cursors Used in Stored Procedures
System, User-Defined and Stored Procedure Variables
MySQL Server Administration
Storage Engines in MySQL Server
InnoDB Storage Engine - Primary and Secondary Indexes
Performance Tuning and Optimization
Bulk Changes on Large Tables
MySQL Server on macOS
Installing MySQL Server on Linux
Connection, Performance and Second Instance on Linux
Full Version in PDF/EPUB