About This Book
Provides some detailed information about this book - MySQL Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples.
Title: MySQL Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
Author: Dr. Herong Yang -
Contact by email via email@example.com.
Category: COMPUTERS / Database Administration & Management
Version/Edition: v4.40, 2020
Number of pages: 209
This MySQL tutorial book is a collection of notes and sample codes written by the author
while he was learning MySQL himself, an ideal tutorial guide for beginners. Topics include
introduction of Structured Query Language (SQL); installation of MySQL;
using MySQL client program; accessing MySQL from PHP, Java and Perl programs;
SQL data types, literals, operations, expressions, and functions;
Statements of Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation Language (DML), and Query Language;
stored procedures; transaction management; locks and deadlocks;
managing MySQL server on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Updated in 2020 (Version v4.40): added Linux tutorials.
CREATE, cursor, datatype, DBD, DBI, deadlock, export, FETCH, HAVING, import, INDEX, isolation, Linux, lock, macOS, MySQL, query, RDBMS, SQL, SQL-92, stored procedure, TIMESTAMP, transaction, Windows, XML.
- This book is under Copyright © 2020 Dr. Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- The example codes is provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
- Version 4.40, 2020. Added Linux tutorials.
- Version 4.30, 2019. Updated with MySQL 8.0.
- Version 4.20, 2015. Updated with MySQL 5.7.
- Version 4.00, 2010. Updated with MySQL 5.5.
- Version 3.00, 2005. Updated with MySQL 5.0.
- Version 2.00, 2002. Added tutorials on MySQL 4.0.
- Version 1.00, 1999. Started with notes om mSQL.
Web version: http://www.herongyang.com/MySQL -
Provides free sample chapters, latest updates and readers' comments.
The Web version of this book has been viewed a total of:
- 694,387 times as of December 2018.
- 650,153 times as of December 2017.
- 607,842 times as of December 2016.
- 558,151 times as of December 2015.
- 508,864 times as of December 2014.
- 438,410 times as of December 2013.
- 366,383 times as of December 2012.
- 293,865 times as of December 2011.
- 239,464 times as of December 2010.
- 176,151 times as of December 2009.
- 121,674 times as of December 2008.
- 87,073 times as of December 2007.
- 59,624 times as of December 2006.
- 54,562 times as of September 2006.
- 2,251 times as of March 2005.
PDF/EPUB version: http://www.herongyang.com/MySQL/PDF-Full-Version.html -
Provides information on how to obtain the full version of this book in PDF, EPUB, or other format.
Table of Contents
►About This Book
Introduction of SQL
MySQL Introduction and Installation
Introduction of MySQL Programs
PHP Programs and MySQL Server
Perl Programs and MySQL Servers
Java Programs and MySQL Servers
Datatypes and Data Literals
Operations and Expressions
Character Strings and Bit Strings
Commonly Used Functions
Table Column Types for Different Types of Values
Using DDL to Create Tables and Indexes
Using DML to Insert, Update and Delete Records
Using SELECT to Query Database
Transaction Management and Isolation Levels
Locks Used in MySQL
Defining and Calling Stored Procedures
Variables, Loops and Cursors Used in Stored Procedures
Using Administration Statements
MySQL Server on macOS
Installing MySQL Server on Linux
Connection, Performance and Second Instance on Linux
Full Version in PDF/EPUB