JDBC Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Edition
This section describes how to install Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Edition.
Now follow this tutorial to install SQL Server 2014 Express Edition on your local machine.
1. Double click c:\temp\SQLEXPRWT_x86_ENU.exe. The setup window shows up.
2. Click Next to let the setup program to unpack all files from the downloaded file.
3. When unpack is down, following instructions given on the installation window.
4. On the Authentication Mode window, click the radio button for Mixed Mode (Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication). And enter "HerongY@ng" in the "Specify the password for the SQL Server system administrator (sa) account):" field.
5. Continue to finish the installation process.
When installation is done, run Windows Task Manager with "Show processes from all users" turned on. You should see a process called sqlservr.exe running in the process list:
sqlservr.exe 00 122,616 K
If you look at file folders, you will see that SQL Server 2014 Express Edition is installed in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL" folder.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents