JDBC Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.03, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Edition
This section describes how to download Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Edition.
If you want to learn JDBC connecting to databases managed by Microsoft SQL Server, you could download and install a copy of MS (Microsoft) SQL Server 2014 Express Edition on your local system.
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Edition is the free version of the Microsoft SQL Server 2014. This tutorial shows you how to download Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Edition:
1. Log in to you Microsoft online account.
2. Go to the SQL Server Editions page. Then click on the "Express" button
3. Click the "Download SQL Server 2014 Express" link. You will see a download request form.
4. Fill in the form with "SQL Server 2014 Express with Tools 32 Bit" selected. The click "Continue".
5. Save the download file to C:\temp directory. When the download is done, you should get the following file:
Name: SQLEXPRWT_x86_ENU.exe Description: Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express with Tools Location: C:\temp Size: 881,606,336 bytes Version: 12.0.2000.8
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents