Cryptography Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.33, by Dr. Herong Yang
Managing Certificates in Certificate Stores
This section provides a tutorial example on how to access and manage certificates pre-installed Firefox 18.
In the previous tutorial, I learned how to view the certificate from the server, while contacting an https (SSL) Web server. Now I want to know how to access pre-installed certificates in Firefox.
1. Run Firefox 18, and go to the "Tools" > "Options..." menu. The Options dialog box shows up.
2. Click the "Advanced" icon, then click the "Encryption" tab. Encryption options shows up:
Protocols [x] Use SSL 3.0 [x] Use TSL 1.0 Certificates When a server requests my personal certificates: ( ) Select one automatically (.) Ask me every time
3. Click the "View Certificates" button. The Certificate Manager dialog box shows up.
4. Go to the Authorities tab.
5. Select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority", and click "View" button. The Certificate Viewer dialog box shows up.
Now we know that Firefox 18 does have pre-installed certificates. If you click other tabs, you will see some other certificates in different categories:
The picture below shows you how to access the Certificate Manager in Firefox 18:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents