Android Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.03, by Herong Yang
Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones, which is needed to run Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 mini tablet in debug mode.
By default, when you connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 mini tablet to a Windows computer with a USB cable, the Windows computer will charge the battery on the mini tablet and access its storage as an external drive.
But the USB cable also allows you to run the mini tablet in debugging mode for you to perform development tasks on the mini tablet. This requires Samsung Mobile Device drivers to be installed on your Windows system. Some Windows systems may install required drivers for you automatically. But you should follow this tutorial to ensure all drivers are installed correctly:
1. On your Windows system, visit the "Samsung Android USB Driver for Windows" page at http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117.
2. Click "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip (15.3MB)" to download "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip".
3. Unzip "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip" and run "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe". It will install SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones V18.104.22.168.
4. Wait until the installation is done. Windows will display a software driver installation icon in the task bar area.
5. Click on the software driver installation icon. You will see a list of drivers and their installation statuses.
Bluetooth Peripheral Device No Driver fund Bluetooth Peripheral Device No Driver fund Bluetooth Peripheral Device No Driver fund Bluetooth Peripheral Device No Driver fund SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device Ready to use MTP USB Device Failed SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem Ready to use SAMSUNG Mobile USB ADB Interface Ready to use
Ok. Some drivers failed to install. But the important one "SAMSUNG Mobile USB ADB Interface" seems to be installed properly.
Table of Contents