Android Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.01, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing LG USB Device Driver on Windows
This section provides a tutorial example on how to install the LG USB device driver for LG-P925g Android phone on Windows system. This is needed to test your Android application developed on Windows on LG phones via a USB connection.
If you are developing applications on Windows and would like to connect an Android-powered device to test them, then you need to install the appropriate USB driver.
Here is what I did to install the USB driver on my Windows system for my LG-P925g Android phone.
1. On my Windows computer, go to LG Mobile Support Web site at: http://www.lg.com/us/support/mobile-devices/phone-support.
2. Follow the link "Click here to download your mobile driver" in the "Download Drivers / Phone Updates" section.
3. Save the download file to: "\temp\LGUnitedMobileDriver S4981MAN36AP22 ML WHQL Ver 3.6.exe", and wait for the download to finish.
4. Double-click on that downloaded file to start installing the driver.
5. Follow the instructions to finish the installation.
6. Turn on the LG-P925g phone and connect it to the Windows computer with the USB cable. Windows will display a "Your device is ready to use" icon in the task bar area. Click on it see details:
This is good. Now I can use my phone from my Windows system as:
Last update: 2012.
Table of Contents