Android Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing JDK 1.8
This section describes how to download and install Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 8u45 on a Windows system.
Since Android apps are developed in Java language, you need to have a copy of JDK (Java Development Kit) installed on your computer first. The latest version of JDK is Java SE Development Kit 8u45. Here is what I did to download and install Java SE Development Kit 8u45 on my Windows 7 system.
1. Open the Java SE Download page with this URL: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/.
2. Click the download button below "JDK" in the "Java SE 8u45" section. You will see a new page with a list of different download files of "Java SE Development Kit 8u45".
3. Click the "Accept License Agreement" option.
4. Locate the line "Windows x86 175.98 MB" and click on "jdk-8u45-windows-i586.exe" to start download.
5. Save the download file to C:\download\jdk-8u45-windows-i586.exe and wait for the download to finish.
6. Double-click on C:\download\jdk-8u45-windows-i586.exe to start the installation wizard. The installation wizard will guide you to finish the installation.
To verify the installation, open a command window to try the java command. If you are getting the following output, your installation was ok:
C:\herong>"\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin\java.exe" -version java version "1.8.0_45" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-b15) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents